What can I do if I discover environmental damage on my property?

  • If you discover some environmental damage on your property, the first thing you should do is notify the proper authorities immediately.
  • Call the United States Environmental Protection Agency or perhaps contact the State Department of Environmental Protection.
  • They can help you to determine how serious the issue is and, if necessary, respond immediately to any health hazards that may exist.
  • Once the immediate concerns are resolved, you should contact an attorney.