What if a parent wants to leave New Jersey with the children?

  • A custodial parent may seek to leave the State of New Jersey with the children.
  • This is a relocation application.
  • The standard is whether or not the relocating parent, who is the custodial parent, has a good faith basis to go.
  • If there is a good faith basis, it's up to the parent staying behind to show that there is no alternative parenting plan that would not be detrimental to the best interests of the children.