What are some of the deficiencies that happen in nursing homes?
- Nursing homes are for-profit companies and they want to make more profits and reduce their costs.
- They don’t have the personnel necessarily available to provide the services when they should be provided.
- Patients who should be turned are not turned, bed sores develop, patients who should be treated and taken out of bed are not, contractures develop.
- Deficiencies in care lead to medications not being given at the appropriate times.
- Physical therapy care that should be given on a regular basis may not be given.