Alex Pisarevsky practices primarily in the fields of complex commercial litigation and debtor-creditor litigation. Within these areas, he has successfully represented clients in individual, class, and collective actions in such diverse matters as consumer fraud, wage and hour, bankruptcy, and business transactions and litigation.
Mr. Pisarevsky has litigated matters that have been the subject of published opinions in both state and federal court. In addition, he has represented clients in commercial and wage and hour matters before the American Arbitration Association. Mr. Pisarevsky has successfully arbitrated more than 40 cases as lead counsel, including multiple contested hearings through verdict.
Mr. Pisarevsky is Second Vice Chair of the Securities Law Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association. He is also a member of the E-Discovery Committee and the Internet and Computer Law Committee of the Bergen County Bar Association. He has spoken on topics including net neutrality and e-discovery.
A Russian speaker, Mr. Pisarevsky started at Cohn Lifland as a law clerk in 2007 and joined the firm as an associate the following year. He is a graduate of the Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court.
Mr. Pisarevsky graduated from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he was the Managing Editor of the Cardozo Arts and Entertainment Law Journal and Co-President of the Russian Law Students' Association. While in law school, he spent a semester in the Prosecutor Practicum, a competitively-selected full-time internship with the Manhattan District Attorney's Office. At the Manhattan DA's Office, he worked in a general trial bureau and successfully prosecuted a narcotics eviction case.
Mr. Pisarevsky was included in (201) Magazine's list of Bergen County's "Top Lawyers" in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, in Labor & Employment and Bankruptcy. Alex was named a “Rising Star” in 2019 by Super Lawyers in Employment & Labor.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Creditors’ Rights
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- Honors: Co-President, Russian Law Students’ Association
- Rutgers Business School
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Marketing
- Co-author, “Trends in the Analysis of Choice of Law in National Class Actions in the State and Federal Courts of New Jersey,” New Jersey Lawyer, April 2015, with Peter S. Pearlman
- Co-author, Chapter 6, “The Use of Character Proof in Civil and Criminal Matters” in New Jersey Trial and Evidence, New Jersey ICLE (2009) with Peter P. Green, Esq. and Barry A. Knopf, Esq.
- “COPE-ing with the Future: An Examination of the Potential Copyright Liability of Non-Neutral Networks for Infringing Internet Content,” 24 Cardozo Arts & Ent. L.J. 1359 (2008)
- Suarez v. Eastern International College, 428 N.J.Super. 10 (App. Div. 2012), cert. denied, 213 N.J. 57 (2013)
- Otos Tech Co., Ltd. v. OGK America, Inc., 653 F.3d 310 (3d Cir. 2011)
Honors and Awards
- (201) Magazine’s list of Bergen County’s “Top Lawyers” in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019 in Commercial Litigation and Bankruptcy
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Securities Law Committee, Second Vice Chair
- Bergen County Bar Association, E-Discovery Committee and the Internet and Computer Law Committee, Member
- Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court, Graduate
Past Employment Positions
- Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, Intern