Joseph A. Maurice is certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey's Board on Trial Attorney Certification. He practices primarily in the areas of commercial and criminal litigation. Joe litigates in both state and federal courts. He also has experience in matrimonial litigation and real estate transactions. Joe is a former court-appointed mediator for the New Jersey Superior Court and has served as the Borough of Paramus Municipal Prosecutor.
Upon graduation from law school, Joe clerked for the Honorable Bruce A. Gaeta, J.S.C. in the Criminal Part of the Bergen County Vicinage.
Joe served as the 122nd President of the Bergen County Bar Association and served as Ethics Chair for the Supreme Court District IIA Ethics Committee. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which resulted from his trial of a securities fraud class action trial, Williams et al. vs. Chatmon et al.
- Bergen County Bar Association, 122nd President (2020-2021)
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Former Trustee
- Bergen County Bar Association, Criminal Litigation Committee
- Bergen County Bar Association, Civil Litigation Committee
- Bergen County Bar Foundation, Trustee and Scholarship Chair
- New Jersey Superior Court, Former Court-Appointed Mediator
- District IIA Supreme Court, Ethics Committee, Former Chair
- Columbians, Trustee
- Knights of Columbus
- Williams et al. vs. Chatmon et al.
- QBE Insurance Company v. P&F Container Services, Inc., 362 N.J. Super. 445 (App. Div. 2003)
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial attorney
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- AV® rated, the highest rating conferred by Martindale-Hubbell® for legal ability and professional ethics, based upon a peer review of the Bar and the Judiciary*
- Selected to the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers®, 2013-2021, in Civil Litigation. This award is conferred by Thomson Reuters*
- Selected to the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2006-2007 and 2009, in Civil Litigation. This award is conferred by Thomson Reuters*
- Selected to the list of Bergen County's "Top Lawyers," 2018-2020, in Personal Injury, Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense and Traffic Law. This award is conferred by Bergen magazine*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the selection methodology can be found here.