Leonard Z. Kaufmann
Leonard Kaufmann primarily handles complex commercial litigation, including consumer and class action cases. He is also experienced in estate litigation, appeals, environmental litigation, personal injury and professional malpractice matters.
Mr. Kaufmann is certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey, and has served as a Court Approved Mediator pursuant to New Jersey Court Rule 1:40. He has served as a Barrister of the Justice Robert L. Clifford American Inn of Court.
In 2003, Mr. Kaufmann was named to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, whose membership is limited to those attorneys who have achieved a verdict or settlement in excess of one million dollars.
Mr. Kaufmann lectures for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education. He was included in (201) Magazine's list of Bergen's "Top Lawyers" in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, in Environmental Practice.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Estate and Probate Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- Employment Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Attorney, Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey
- New Jersey, 1994
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- Tulane University
- University of New Orleans
- Lauchheimer v. Gulf Oil, 6 F. Supp. 2d, 339 (D.N.Y. 1998)
- Berke v. Buckley Broadcasting Corp., 359 N.J. Super. 587 (App. Div. 2003)
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Lecturer
Honors and Awards
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 201) Magazine’s list of Bergen’s “Top Lawyers” in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019
- Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member