Leonard Kaufmann primarily handles complex commercial litigation, including consumer and class action cases. He is also experienced in estate litigation, appeals, environmental litigation, personal injury and professional malpractice matters.
Leonard has served as a Court Approved Mediator pursuant to New Jersey Court Rule 1:40. He has served as a Barrister of the Justice Robert L. Clifford American Inn of Court.
In 2003, Leonard was named to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, whose membership is limited to those attorneys who have achieved a verdict or settlement in excess of one million dollars.
- Lecturer, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE)
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Dept. of Environmental Protection v Amerada Hess Corporation 323 F.R.D. 213 (D.N.J. 2017)
- Cumberland Farms, Inc. v New Jersey Dept. of Environmental Protection 447 N.J.Super (App. Div. (2016)
- In re MTBE Products Liability Litigation 162 F. Supp 3d 184 (S.D.N.Y. 2016)
- In re MTBE Products Liability Litigation 33 F. Supp. 3d 259 (S.D.N.Y. 2014)
- Gehringer v Atlantic Detroit Diesel Allison LLC 595 Fed. Appx 157 (3d Cir. 2014)
- In re MTBE Products Liability Litigation 274 F.R.D. 106 (S.D.N.Y. 2011)
- Berke v. Buckley Broadcasting Corp., 359 N.J. Super. 587 (App. Div. 2003)
- Lauchheimer v. Gulf Oil, 6 F. Supp. 2d, 339 (D.N.Y. 1998)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Selected to the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers®, 2019-2021, in Business Litigation. This award is conferred by Thomson Reuters *
- AV® rated, the highest rating conferred by Martindale-Hubbell® for legal ability and professional ethics, based upon a peer review of the Bar and the Judiciary*
*No aspect of this advertisement have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the selection methodology can be found here.