Can I bring legal action if there is environmental damage to my property? | Cohn Lifland Pearlman Herrmann & Knopf LLP
Cohn Lifland Pearlman Herrmann & Knopf LLP
Call Today:

Can I bring legal action if there is environmental damage to my property?

tree-338211_960_720-768x480.jpgMany property owners take good care of their land and never suspect that environmental damage will take place at the fault of another person. Unfortunately, either by accident or when someone does not comply with environmental regulations, other people and the land they live on can suffer. Many times, environmental damage takes place due to those who don't comply with state and federal requirements, whether they are construction companies, private citizens, or corporations.

One situation that is frequently seen among private citizens is when one person has an incident on their property and it impacts the surrounding properties. For example, if a hazardous waste was not properly disposed of, it can cause damage to the water supply, damage to another's property and a myriad of other major issues. Environmental damage should not be taken lightly because it not only can cause issues on your property, but may be the source of serious health hazards for you, your family, and all other living creatures that inhabit the land. If you believe that your property has suffered environmental damage, you should contact the local authorities, your State Department of Environmental Protection, or the Environmental Protection Authority. They can assess the situation and determine whether you need to seek medical treatment or evacuate the property.

After you have dealt with the initial environmental and health dangers, you may want to consider speaking with an attorney to determine if the situation allows you to bring legal action against the negligent party. You may want to have a damage report conducted by a government entity that assesses your property. That can be very useful in supporting your case. If you believe you need to bring legal action, it is important that you consult with an experienced environmental law attorney who can provide you with assistance.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

No Firm In Northern New Jersey Has More Experience Than We Do. Call 201-845-9600 Today To Put Our Knowledge On Your Side.

Email Us For a Response

Contact Northern New Jersey's Premiere Law Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Cohn Lifland Pearlman Herrmann & Knopf LLP
Park 80 West-Plaza One
250 Pehle Avenue
Suite 401
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663

Phone: 201-684-9695
Phone: 201-845-9600
Fax: 201-845-9423
Saddle Brook Law Office Map

Review Us