I’m a contractor, what do I do if I am not being paid for my work on a job?
- Find out why you’re not being paid.
- If you’re a sub, talk to other subs on the job to see if they’re being paid.
- See if you’re the only one who’s not being paid.
- Put everyone on notice that you’re not being paid.
- If we’re talking about a residential project, you have 60 days from the last date of your work to file a notice of unpaid balance.
- In regards to a commercial project, you have 90 days of the last day of work to file a construction lien on the project.