What are bed sores?
- Bed sores are injuries to the patient which develops when a patient is not moved.
- Pressure sores develop in a given area leading to a breakdown of the tissue and a pressure ulcer being formed.
- The most prominent area where this occurs is at the very base of the spine, or the coccyx.
- The other area where these develop is on the heels of the feet.
- The hospital is supposed to be noting them and is supposed to change their position.
- Untreated bed sores can be very difficult to heal.