December 2019 Archives | Bergen County, New Jersey, Law Blog
Cohn Lifland Pearlman Herrmann & Knopf LLP
Call Today:

December 2019 Archives

Payback & Alimony - getting reimbursed for your investment in your spouse's education and earning capacity.

Usually, marriage is a shared enterprise and a joint undertaking, but what happens when this enterprise goes awry? If one spouse put the other through higher education, what does she or he get in return for those contributions, when the parties divorce? While not the ideal remedy in every case, reimbursement alimony may be an available means to reimburse a supporting spouse.

What is my child's name supposed to be? If I change my name after my divorce, does my child's name change too?

When parents divorce, they can resume use of their prior surname, if they changed that name when they originally married. Nowadays, fathers and mothers might be facing the question of whether to resume a prior name, especially if they used the same name as their child during the marriage. Parents have the right to change their names; whether a child's name will change depends upon the parents and the Court. Even if parents are not married to each other, there are legal rights to decide the child's surname.

No Firm In Northern New Jersey Has More Experience Than We Do. Call 201-845-9600 Today To Put Our Knowledge On Your Side.

Email Us For a Response

Contact Northern New Jersey's Premiere Law Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Cohn Lifland Pearlman Herrmann & Knopf LLP
Park 80 West-Plaza One
250 Pehle Avenue
Suite 401
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663

Phone: 201-684-9695
Phone: 201-845-9600
Fax: 201-845-9423
Saddle Brook Law Office Map

Review Us