What is Medical Malpractice?
- Medical malpractice is an area of law that deals with negligence on the part of physicians that may lead to injuries for their patients.
- There are two general types of medical malpractice.
- One is called matters of omission, and that means the physician has failed to do something that they should have done under the circumstances.
- The second area of medical malpractice is called matters of commission meaning that the physician did something that probably should not have been done.
- The last area of medical malpractice that is defined differently by different states and that deals with failure on the part of a physician to explain to a patient risks involved in the procedure that’s going to be given.