Schnoll, Richard A.
Richard Schnoll concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Schnoll is the former Managing Attorney for Jacoby & Meyers' Personal Injury Practice and was an Assistant District Attorney, Kings County, New York. He was also a senior executive in a technology company.
Mr. Schnoll is a former adjunct professor at Montclair State University.
Mr. Schnoll has extensive trial experience. As Managing Attorney at Jacoby & Meyers, Mr. Schnoll led the litigation teams that secured a multimillion-dollar settlement for a brain- damaged teenager who drowned in a motel pool and a multimillion-dollar verdict against a municipality for negligence resulting in serious leg injuries. At the time, it was the largest upheld verdict of its kind in New York State.
Mr. Schnoll previously held NASD Series 7 and 66 licenses as well as Life and Health Insurance licenses in New Jersey and New York.
Mr. Schnoll is also active in his community and has been appointed to the Advisory Committee to the Mayor in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
Mr. Schnoll was included in the list of Bergen's "Top Lawyers" in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, by (201) Magazine, in Medical Malpractice, Negligence and Product Liability.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- State University of New York Stony Brook
- “Mediation and Due Process in Special Education Cases,” Saddle Brook, New Jersey (March 2011)
- Smith v. Paterson, 88 A.D.2d 917 (N.Y. App. Div. 2d Dept. 1982)
- Celestial Food Corp of Coram, Inc., v. N.Y.S. Liquor Authority, 99 A.D.2d 25 (N.Y. App. Div. 2d Dept. 1984)
Honors and Awards
- Bergen’s “Top Lawyers” in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Bergen’s “Top Lawyers” in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019, (201) Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member
- Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Former Member
Past Employment Positions
- Jacoby & Meyers, Managing Attorney
- Kings County, New York, Assistant District Attorney