Cohn Lifland congratulates Joseph Maurice on his recent recertification by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as one of the firm’s Certified Civil Trial Attorneys. Our other Certified Civil Trial Attorneys are Charles Cohen, Barry Knopf and Peter Pearlman. Our Certified Matrimonial Law Attorneys are Geri Landau Squire and Amanda Trigg. Attorneys must meet the following requirements to become certified:
- has been a member in good standing of the New Jersey Bar for at least five years;
- has taken a specific number of continuing legal education courses in the three years prior to filing an application;
- demonstrates substantial involvement in preparation of litigated matters;
- demonstrates an unblemished reputation by submitting a list of attorneys and judges who will attest to the applicant's character and ability; and
- passes a written examination covering various aspects of practice in the designated specialty.
Find out more about certification: https://www.njcourts.gov/attorneys/attcert.html