Julie L. Kim
Julie L. Kim, is a Partner at Cohn Lifland and focuses her practice on family law matters including: divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, equitable distribution, domestic violence, and the preparation of and negotiation of marital settlement agreements, custody and parenting time agreements and prenuptial agreements.
Ms. Kim served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Harold C. Hollenbeck, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Family Part. Since her admission to the State Bar of New Jersey in 2006, she has worked primarily in the field of matrimonial law.
Ms. Kim has received an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as a SuperLawyer Rising Star for Family Law from 2011 through 2016 and a SuperLawyer for 2020. She was named among Bergen's Top Lawyers from 2014 through 2019 by (201) Magazine, in Custody and Matrimonial & Family.
Ms. Kim is a Trustee of the Bergen County Bar Association and Co-Chair of the Diversity in the Profession Committee. She also serves on the Superior Court of New Jersey District IIB Ethics Committee. Ms. Kim is also a court-approved Family Law Mediator and a member of the Collaborative Divorce Association of North Jersey. She is also a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section. In addition, she was formerly an Alternate Municipal Prosecutor for Paramus. Ms. Kim also serves on the Board of Directors of the Asian Women's Christian Association.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Kim worked in the financial industry. She also speaks Korean.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- New York University
- Boston College
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- SuperLawyer Rising Star, 2011-2015
- Bergen’s Top Lawyers in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019 by (201) Magazine, in Custody and Matrimonial & Family
- SuperLawyer 2020 and Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2011-2015, in Family Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Asian Women’s Christian Association, Member of the Board of Directors and Legal Counsel (pro bono), Present
- Collaborative Divorce Association of North Jersey (CDANJ), Member, Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, Present
- Bergen County Bar Association, Trustee, Present
- Bergen County Bar Association Diversity in the Profession Committee, Co-chair, Present
- Superior Court of New Jersey District IIB Ethics Committee, Member, Present